Does Your Childhood Play a Part in Your Relationships Today?
Your formative years growing up have a big impact on some of the choices you make as an adult. This is especially true when it comes to repeating dating and relationship patterns that aren’t working for you. If you weren’t shown love in your young life at home, you could have some big concerns when it comes to trust, and understanding what love truly means for you today.
It’s never too late to find love in your life but the first step is to own that there may be some damaging childhood dialogue that needs to be removed.
You could be dealing with negative conversations that are embedded into your soul from a critical parent or some other family member. This can leave a big scar on your self-esteem and it can be very difficult to make the right choices when your confidence is severely compromised.
If you were constantly berated or shut down in any way, these emotional wounds become a familiar connection that continues to attract the wrong people towards you. This can be a very difficult pattern to remove without professional guidance because it is all you know.
If you are repeatedly choosing the same type of people that cause you heartbreak, you will always be trying to comprehend what is going on. “Why does this keep happening to me? Why can’t I find unconditional love and respect?”
10 Signs that you are choosing the same type of relationship drama
- Do you jump in really fast to a new relationship before getting to know their true character?
- Do you sleep with them within the first few dates?
- Are you ignoring the red flags of how they treat you?
- Do you become clingy if they pull back from you?
- Are you always being cheated on?
- Is jealousy a problem for you with everyone you date?
- Do you have trust issues in most of your love relationships?